Assistant Site Superintendent
- March 21, 2017
- Posted by: lyfadmin
- Category: Jobs
We are seeking to hire an Assistant Site Superintendent to join our team at Mike Geric Construction Ltd. The candidate will perform tasks involving physical labor at construction site as well as supervisory roles as needed. The candidate will be working for the developer and assist all contracted trades.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist other workers in completing their tasks
• Clean, sweep, and prepare construction site
• Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, or other temporary structures.
• Assist in digging and trenching as required
• Carry heavy building materials, distributing them to appropriate locations on site
• Other tasks may be assigned as required
• Quality Control of all construction
• Adheres to building code and safety requirements on all sites.
• Performing touch ups and repairs on deficiencies left by the trades
• Carpentry work that falls outside the scope of the trades
• Other related duties as required.
• 2+ years of carpentry experience in residential construction
• In progress or completed Red Seal Certification in carpentry is preferred
• Knowledge of building code and safety code requirements
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Strong work ethic
• Hands on management skills
• High School Diploma
• Driver’s License and Clean Driving Record
*Ability to operate heavy equipment (bobcat, crane, etc.) advantageous We are looking for an ambitious team player, who learns quickly, has a passion for construction, is punctual, loyal, and believes in a “job well done”.
Mike Geric Construction
We are a family-owned, local developer, that uses a hands-on approach to develop projects that contribute to our communities. We are truly invested in the community we call home and have nurtured relationships with our neighbours, our customers and the people who work with us to build quality homes again and again. Thoughtful and responsible planning, design and construction go into everything we do so every home we build is one that we would want to call home ourselves.
Interested? Please email your resume in confidence to Laura@gericconstruction.com