Job Posting: Site Superintendent
- August 14, 2017
- Posted by:
- Category: Jobs
Mike Geric Construction Ltd. is currently accepting applications for the position of Site Superintendent in Royal Oak area of Victoria, B.C. Our company is built on a foundation of trust, honesty, integrity and industry excellence and we are excited to be able to offer a new position within our growing family. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented with good written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
As a Site Superintendent for Mike Geric Construction Ltd. you will be responsible for all construction site activities and the supervision of all staff, contractors, subcontractors and visitors. You will be required to successfully complete the project within the schedule and budget as identified. Maintaining and establishing a high quality of professionalism with trades, and governing bodies as well as ensuring that all company policies and safety practices are adhered to is mandatory. You will be responsible for reporting directly to the Construction Manager.
The description below provides a brief outline of responsibilities but is not limited to the following:
• Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office.
• Ensures and encourages all employees, subcontractors and contractors are adhering to the company safety policies.
• Prepares and maintains construction schedule, identify and solve problems.
• Requests and orders materials required throughout project to maintain schedule and productivity.
• Knowledge of project plans, specifications and blue prints.
• Knowledge of buildings codes for British Columbia.
• Maintains a high quality of workmanship and accountability of sub-contractors and contractors.
• Works under the supervision of Construction Manager, communicates effectively with all departments and provides reports as requested.
• Must have previous residential and/or commercial construction experience of no less than 5 years in a Supervisory position.
Mike Geric Construction is a family-owned, local developer in business since 1968. We use a hands-on approach to develop projects that contribute to our communities. We are truly invested in the community we call home and have nurtured relationships with our neighbours, our customers and the people who work with us to build quality homes again and again. Thoughtful and responsible planning, design and construction go into everything we do so every home we build is one that we would want to call home ourselves.
Mike Geric Construction Ltd. offers a competitive compensation package including benefits upon successful completion of the probation period.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with cover letter and resume including qualifications and salary expectations to the attention of Laura Peltier at firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all candidates in advance for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.